11 November 2005

IE7Beta1

So, having a couple minutes free with no projects or testing assignments pending, I go to install IE7B1 on a virtual machine (Since no sane individual would want to install a beta that touchesreplaces wininet.dll on a production machine!).

Okay, you need XPsp2. Sure, makes sense.

So I go to WindowsUpdate to install XPSP2... Hmm, won't let me go without activation.

Funny, I seem to remember seeing in MSDN that you shouldn't activate on machines you're using for testing and are likely to reimage. A VM I'm putting an OS beta into certainly seems to fall under that categorization....

So I install XPsp2 from the corporate local copy of it. Restart. Go to install IE7B1....

And what do I see but this:

Nice job, Redmond... Can you please decide which story you are going to stick to?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bastargentina and expression
Filed Under: General - Sandymountster @ Nov 11 2005, 06:28:09 AM EST Bastargentina: My friend Eduardo Blanchet encouraged me to go to Argentina a few years ago.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to instant road repair on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like instant road repair!

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home